UNICO Group is a client-focused insurance agency with services ranging from commercial insurance, workers’ comp, and employee benefits, to personal insurance, financial planning, human resource solutions and wellness. UNICO was nationally awarded the “Top Performing Agency” in its class for 2016!
An Account Executive serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction of our largest, most complex client groups. The Account Executive partners with our Advisors to provide a consultative and strategic approach to designing a benefits package that best fits the client’s goals. The Account Executive is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to our clients, as well as establish effective working relationships with internal partners and carriers.
What’s in it for you.
- Hours | 40 hours/week.
- Full Benefits | Including PTO, insurance and retirement options.
- Opportunities | Training and development support. We want to see you succeed.
- Fun | We have a fun culture. We work hard, while having a good time.
- Implementation and maintenance of benefit packages for UNICO clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with internal partners, clients and carriers.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Prepare materials and present information to client during quarterly updates, renewals, and open enrollment.
- Provide recommendations, in tandem with the Advisor, regarding other products and policies that align with the clients’ goals.
- Administer renewals including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Respond to client requests in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, and other compliance measures.
- Develop employee communications on behalf of the client for the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Maintain agency management and commissions software.
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience with group health insurance. Experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs for clients who have more than 50 employees. Working experience with self-funded groups is preferred.
Licensure: Current life and health insurance license.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present information professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of client personality types.
- Ability to follow up on activities from start to finish while working independently.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new software applications.