UNICO Group is a client-focused insurance agency with services ranging from commercial insurance, workers’ comp, and employee benefits, to personal insurance, financial planning, human resource solutions and wellness. UNICO was nationally awarded the “Top Performing Agency” in its class for 2016!
An Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The Account Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. An Account Manager is expected to establish effective working relationships with internal partners, clients and carriers
What’s in it for you.
- Hours | 40 hours/week.
- Full Benefits | Including PTO, insurance and retirement options.
- Opportunities | Training and development support. We want to see you succeed.
- Fun | We have a fun culture. We work hard, while having a good time.
- Management of ongoing client service relationships.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with internal partners, clients and carriers.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer renewals including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA compliance measures.
- Develop employee communications on behalf of the client for the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Attend employee new hire and open enrollment meetings as needed.
- Maintain agency management and commissions software.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three years of experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs. Experience with group health insurance is preferred.
Licensure: Current life and health insurance license, or willingness and ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present information professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of client personality types.
- Ability to follow up on activities from start to finish while working independently.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new software applications.