UNICO Group is a client-focused insurance agency with services ranging from commercial insurance, workers’ comp, and employee benefits, to personal insurance, financial planning, human resource solutions and wellness. UNICO was nationally awarded the “Top Performing Agency” in its class for 2016!
The Claims Assistant serves as a liaison between our clients, carriers and internal team. Client service, accurate communications, and leading the claims process are the primary responsibilities that keep things running smoothly.
What’s in it for you.
- Hours | 40 hours/week.
- Full Benefits | Including PTO, insurance and retirement options.
- Opportunities | Training and development support. We want to see you succeed.
- Fun | We have a fun culture. We work hard, while having a good time.
- Engage with clients and our internal team to ensure accurate, prompt and efficient workflow processes are followed.
- Communicate with carrier claims departments within established time frame to identify claim number and adjuster assignment.
- Prepare new client claim kits, obtain and analyze loss runs, create loss ratio/analysis reports and provide loss summaries for our clients.
- Provide Risk Advisors and Account Managers with status updates upon request.
- Ensure proper documents are submitted to the assigned adjuster and recorded properly in agency management system per company protocol.
- Provide exceptional customer service on a variety of incoming/outgoing inquiries via telephone and email correspondence, utilizing clear and professional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and handle claims communications.
- Assist Claims Advocate with ModMaster software to illustrate the impact of specific claims on the experience modification factor and to project future experience modification factors.
- Provide back-up phone support to the Reception team as needed.
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years of insurance experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Service-focused mindset
- Detail oriented and organized
- Highly responsive to internal and external inquiries
- Proficient in computer systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Web browsers, carrier databases and proprietary agency management software