- Develop and implement an approved sales business plan, based on PL division sales goals.
- Meet annual sales goals.
- Actively cross sell and refer prospects to the appropriate department.
- Maintain prospect list of clients for agency’s target business in agency prospect system.
- Contact prospects, schedule appointments and make sales presentations.
- Complete applications, quotations and proposals in appropriate carrier proprietary system or agency managing system.
- Arrange payment terms for all accounts in accordance with agency credit and collections policy.
- Participate in courses from insurances/sales skills.
- Balance production to achieve desired mix of business.
- Arrange for smooth hand off of new accounts to Personal Insurance Advisor.
- Keep current with industry trends and techniques and use agency selling aids to maintain a competitive status for the agency within the industry.
- Attend sales seminars, company sales meetings or educational activities needed to improve sales techniques and stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the marketplace.
- Participate in/direct any special projects at management’s request.
Education: High school diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
Experience: Clerical and computer knowledge; experience in property & liability coverages preferred.
Licensure: Current Nebraska property and casualty insurance license.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact within all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of successful client advocacy in a fast-paced environment, emphasizing attention to detail.
- Ability to follow up on activities from start to finish.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.