Your ideal commercial insurance package is out there. It’s just a matter of identifying it. UNICO Group’s listen, learn, discover approach maximizes our ability to suggest the right coverage to help you effectively manage risk and protect every aspect of your business. UNICO is considered a leader when it comes to understanding the risk management needs of business owners. It doesn’t matter the size of the company. UNICO can provide innovative solutions to help ensure your future will be protected should something happen.
UNICO has connections with the best insurance carriers in the industry to provide all your commercial insurance needs including general liability, property, auto, cyber liability as well as professional and management liability coverages. We also have many industry packages built for your unique industry.
Property insurance covers the risk of property loss in a variety of commercial situations, including commercial buildings, equipment, furniture, fixtures, inventories, business records, supplies and other physical item.
Property insurance may cover two types of property losses:
- Direct losses may be covered when property is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Indirect or consequential losses related to direct losses may also be covered.
Protecting your business against claims made by others.
Casualty insurance consists primarily of liability coverages, which protect an insured party against injury or damage claims made by other parties.
Policies provide coverage for liability arising out of:
- Premises and operation
- Fire damage liability (damage by fire to premises rented to insured)
- Personal and advertising injury
- Medical payments
- Products/completed operations
You may want to consider a business owners package which combines your liability, property and other types of coverage into one comprehensive policy, which can help you save time and money on your total insurance program. And since we live in an age of million-dollar lawsuits, you may also want to add extra liability protection in the form of a commercial umbrella policy. We can tell you more about these plans and if they make sense for you.
Protecting the vehicles of your business
Business auto coverage insures vehicles that are owned, leased, hired, or borrowed by businesses, whether they are associations, corporations, partnerships or sole proprietorships. Business auto coverage may be used to insure private passenger autos and all types of trucks, trailers, semitrailers, and commercial vehicles designed for use on public roads. We can give you more details about specific coverages and deductibles and about tailoring a business auto plan that’s right for you and your business.
Why Do I Need Cyber Liability?
Contact us to request a whitepaper on Cyber Liability Insurance and Why Your Company is Exposed.
What Activities Create Cyber Risk?
- Use of email
- Support of webmail
- Internet Service Providers
- Dependence on network services
- Electronic storage of customer information
- Storage of third-party trade secrets and data
- Online advertising and marketing
- Website design, development and ecommerce
- Website activities (content, links)
- E-bill payment
- Internet/digital media
- Electronic bulletin boards or social interaction
What is fiduciary insurance and why do I need it?
Most business owners are aware of directors and officers liability coverage but those types of policies and exposures have evolved into an area that is now called management liability. Management liability can consist of directors and officers liability, employment related practices, fiduciary liability, professional liability, fidelity and crime, and other areas.
Is your company covered for employee lawsuits?
Don’t overlook the foreign exposures your company faces.
More and more companies are expanding their geographic footprint including international business. Even small businesses with minimal foreign travel or operations can be at risk for exposures that their current insurance policies don’t cover. Kidnap and ransom is also a growing concern for business people traveling abroad.
Businesses should explore international insurance coverage if they are involved in any of the following:
- Traveling internationally
- Exporting and importing
- Attending international exhibitions or trade shows
- Participate in global partnerships or joint ventures
- Have foreign investments, acquisitions or affiliates
- Use foreign subcontractors
- Maintain overseas facilities such as manufacturing, warehouse, or sales offices
- Have U.S. citizen employees stationed abroad
- Carry an ocean marine policy
- Have underlying international coverage scheduled by another carrier on your umbrella policy
What Foreign Exposures Does My Company Face?
Contact us to request a whitepaper on Foreign Exposures and Foreign Travel.
Helping you make the best decisions for your business insurance needs
Let our professional consultation staff work with you to determine exactly what insurance coverage needs your business has. Every business has unique insurance requirements, trust UNICO to help you evaluate the right protection plan.
- Fee-based consulting relationship
- Design of risk management programs
- Property/liability insurance or employee benefits